Wednesday, January 23, 2008

editorial

I wish to voice my protest over the racist patronization which ran rampant during the recent MLK Day. The following scripts suggest the degree to which this African American hero was subjected to gross disrespect, in that the entire holiday seemed devoted MLK and his place in history, rather than that which every other USA holiday celebrates, viz., shopping:

· PRESIDENTS DAY: Washington: I cannot tell a lie, you’ll save big money at WalMart!

· ST. PATRICK’S DAY: Leprechaun: Begosh and Begorach, if I weren’t drunk as a skunk I’d save me a pot o’ gold at WalMart!

· PASSOVER: Moses: Oi vey! God COMMANDS you to shop at WalMart! You’ll save so much gold, you can make a COW!

· EASTER: Jesus: If I weren’t nailed to this cross, I’d be shopping at WalMart. But as soon as I rise from the dead, I plan to be there first thing Sunday morning!

· MEMORIAL DAY: Marines at Iwo Jima: American soldiers died so you could be free to shop at WalMart!

· JULY 4: Uncle Sam: As our President said after 9/11, the best way to fight terrorists is to shop at WalMart.

· LABOR DAY: Working Class Hero: If I had money, I’d be able to buy something at WalMart.

· COLUMBUS DAY: I know the blonde people found America before I did, but I discovered WalMart!

· THANKSGIVING: Turkey: Be thankful for WalMart!

· CHRISTMAS: Three Kings: We’re shopping at WalMart for the Baby Jesus!

So perhaps the honkey owned media could try something like this during Black History month to make reparations:

MLK: God didn’t let me into the Promised Land, but I have a dream that EVEYRBODY will save a mountain of money at WalMart!

No comments: