Tuesday, February 12, 2008

wishy washy editorial

ON THE ONE HAND Hillary is getting more votes from more Democratic constituencies that I worry about (poor whites, elderly and women vs. blacks and yuppies)

AND Hillary knows how to fight in the gutter

AND Hillary seems better on health care

AND Barak’s JFK stuff just means he’ll face a meatgrinder once he’s elected like the first JFK did (I am old enough to remember that)

ON THE OTHER HAND

Barak may attract more swing votes than Hillary will ever be able to

AND when I first met Hillary she was a lawyer fighting against me

AND when I first met Barak he was a lawyer working with me;

AND if Barak can put to rest all this 196o’sf. political correctness from both Right (Vietnam politics) and Left (identity politics) that would be from an aesthetic perspective reason enough to pray for him to win...

No comments: